Are you done with your 12th grade? What field are you planning to take of? If you are a science enthusiast and passionate about creation, taking engineering should be your obvious decision. But, as known to us, there is not just a vast scope but also a great range of sub-disciplines among which a student has to select the preferred one.
Availability of various streams:
After passing the final examination of class 12, you are free to choose any engineering platform to set your career path. Here is enlisted some popular streams among which you can opt for your own. Check them out before making any decision.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mining engineering
- Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Applied Engineering
- Nano Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Bio Medical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Railway Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Polymer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
What matters while choosing an engineering branch?
There are lot many things that must be considered while taking a stream if engineering. If you are successful in delving deep into the matter, success would be all yours. Remember, there is a vast scope opened in front of you if you are going to select engineering as your career option. So, make your mind and reckon with the enlisted sections so that you will be capable of fetching a secured life ahead.
Well, branch or stream is not that much significant because every stream of engineering possesses loads of possibilities for standard and recognised jobs. So, it is better to choose according to your preference. Besides, some underlying quotients are there and you should keep them in mind while selecting your branch of study.
- The reputation or fame of the concerned college matter a lot in that case. So, you must opt for such a brand name that can help you to witness higher growth.
- Next, you should review the city or the location of the college you are going to take admission. In fact, not only your college location but also your office position will be of huge significance.
- You should be well informed regarding the infrastructure of the institution. As the field of engineering is highly dependent on the technological development, tech-savvy circumference of the college campuses is a mandatory one.
- Last but not the least, the faculty members. If you are under the best teachers, you need not have to be worried about your advancement or prosperity. Your instructors can guide you towards the way of success.
How to select your stream?
Now, come to the main and major point. How can you select your branch? As stated before, engineering has a great many variety and quite naturally, students have to think widely before opting for a particular one. There are specific factors that must be judged properly to take any further decision. If you are likely to take any option, go through the below listed points. It will lead you to take perfect step.
Consult with your seniors:
This could be a valuable way out of your problem. Your seniors, possessing experience, will certainly help you to get into the suitable option. Try to take suggestions from more than one so that you could be able to evaluate your thinking and view.
Go for your preferred stream:
Next, don’t compromise with your desire. Prioritise your preference and try to acquire the most suited one. For instance, if you are passionate about constructing, Civil Engineering should be your goal. On the other note, if you like to spend hours after hours in front of the computer, Computer Science and Engineering can be your call. Well, if you’re compatible in dealing with machines, nothing can be better than the Mechanical Engineering. So, in this way, comprehend your mind and then go for choosing the enviable field.
Apprehend the opportunities:
Finally, though there are immense opportunities associated with each and every stream, you need to assess the fields before picking your branch. Check out whether both the public and private sectors can offer you a job or not. That is highly necessitated to evade the claw and paws of the recession. If you will manage to work in a public sector, you don’t have to get worried about adverse financial situation.
All the above mentioned issues should be kept in mind while choosing your career path. Your one right decision will arrange a complete suite success for you. Don’t forget that even after holding an engineering degree, you are free to work as a teacher or researcher. Don’t stuck in dilemma and be firm and positive before taking up admission to a branch or stream.