Computer ScienceAsk About Course
The progress in the field of Computer Science is a never ending process. Our Computer Science Engineering Department Is designed to keep up to this pace.
At this stage, due to “emerging technology”, focus is on “course contents “ for any degree, offered by WBUT in close association with AICTE. The Department of Computer Science Encourages and helps the student to do several REAL-TIME Projects in different disciplines .Thus, student are coached and trained for competitive exams like GATE, NET, CAT, MAT etc. in India. With time, the department will shift its activities from “more Industry oriented research” to “more academic oriented research “ to create “more teachers” than “more managers”.
Vision Of The Department
The basic objective of the department is to organize undergraduate course of study in engineering and technology, especially in emerging areas, post graduate courses in Computer Science Technologies. The department is also to develop Center of Excellence for higher studies and researches in computer science.
Department is always active for the development of the students. Department is providing multiple industry oriented courses like C++, ASP. NET, JSP, J2ee, VB.NET etc. to the students in free of cost.
Department is maintaining and coordinating EDUSAT/SIT through which can attend special classes in remote location through video conference using modern VSAT technology.
EDUSAT/SIT provides students to gather versatile knowledge on different modern technologies so that they can easily compete in any situation.
Students of department of Computer Science start their final year project in sixth semester. Some are doing Project on GIS and GPS System, Some are involved with Video Conferencing, other projects are like Online Banking, Online Medicare, Online Examination, Online Share Trading etc.
- The computer Laboratory in this Institute Has more than 350 machines with Intel Core i5-4260U 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD Communication: Wireless: 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0 | networked on Ethernet backbone with LAN/Linux Window 2010 Advance Server. Internet : BSNL Broadband – 10 Line & 12 MBPS Leased Line.
- Direct satellite linked Internet facility has been provided through Broad Band technology round the clock.
- All the latest software has been installed and round the clock lab service has been provided to the students. Apart from the syllabus, the latest software is also taught. The Multimedia kits has also been setup for the students to develop their creative knowledge. Software development training is also connected to improve the students’ development skills. The lab is centrally air-conditioned. A Computer peripheral devices lab (Hardware Lab has also been established.
|Basic Computing Lab||C++ Lab|
|Data Structure Lab||Information System Design Lab|
|Numerical Methods& Programming Lab||Operations Research Lab|
|Programming Practice Lab||Database Management System Lab|
|Object oriented programming Lab||Multimedia Technology & application Lab|
|Operating Systems Lab||Computer Graphics and Multimedia Lab|
|Artificial Intelligence Lab||Computational Lab|
|Computer Architecture & Organization Lab||Data Communication & Computer Networking Lab|
|System Software &Administration Lab||Internet working Lab|
|Unix Lab||Visual Programming & Web Technology Lab|
One 64KV Transformer is used for Power supply purposed and four 20KV each Online UPS are used for uninterruptible power supply to all the machines of the computer labs.
Our Department of Computer Science is guided by some well trained faculties. All of them have completed their M.Tech. some of them are perusing Ph.D. They always tried to help the students in their studies and in their projects etc. They also guide the student by giving individual projects.
Faculties of departments are busy with different research works like:
- Network Security with Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- Efficient File Transfer Protocol using JAVA
- Ad-hoc Network
- High Performance Wireless Sensor Network etc.
- Image Steganophy
- Cryptography using Diffie Hellman session key.
view faculty members